The source code of Verse library is licensed under BSD license. This library could be used for implementation of Verse client. The source code of Verse server is licensed under GNU GPL 2.0 license. For details look at files BSD-LICENSE and GPL-LICENSE.
Compilation of Verse 2.0 is tested only on Linux now. Some libraries and development tools are required. Porting to other UNIX like OS should not be problem.
- GCC http://gcc.gnu.org/ or Clang http://clang.llvm.org/
- CMake http://www.cmake.org/
- OpenSSL http://www.openssl.org/
- IniParser http://ndevilla.free.fr/iniparser/
- Check (optional) http://check.sourceforge.net/
- Spin (optional) http://spinroot.com/
- Python3 (optional) http://www.python.org
To compile Verse server, libverse.ao and example of Verse client open terminal, go to root of verse source code and type:
$ mkdir ./build $ cd ./build $ cmake ../ $ make $ sudo make install
The verse server and example of verse client is not necessary to install to the system. Before you want to run Verse server you should edit your "database" of users. Go to the /etc/verse/ and edit user.csv. For more details read README.md from source directory.